mommyoftwo89

We currently have 4 dogs in our home

13 y/o lab (M)
3.5 y/o pit bull mix (F)
1 y/o boxer mix (M)
13 week old German shepherd (M)

All our dogs have been rescues-
13 y/o - owner could no longer care for him
3.5 y/o (F) - was bounced around among homes until her foster family gave her to us
1 y/o boxer (M) - abounded in Mississippi
13 week old (M) - abounded in a parking lot

Recently our 3.5 (f) has been attacking our 1 y/o boxer. Because our fence broke we had both the 3.5 y/o and 1 y/o on runners and one night they got tangled and a fight broke out. We separated the dogs and they have been able to live together for the most part. It’s always our 3.5 y/o (f) who starts it. So far as I can tell the aggression towards him start around the door leading to outside and anytime she is held back by us - so if he grab her by the collar to hold her back. I’m going to try to contact a behavioral trainer to come to our home but in the mean time does anyone have advice as what to do to prevent fights?

More background about the 3.5 y/o female. She was abandoned before she was rescued and after that she did have multiple owners before us. She is definitely an anxious dog and we do have her on medication.

Both 1 y/o boxer and puppy come to our house in a short time period so I understand adding new dogs to the home can be a trigger.