Kirkland dry dog food - lamb or chicken?

cptheg3

I've recently spent waaay too much time researching dog food and have narrowed it down to the lamb and chicken from Costco. My dogs are mixed breeds, ~25 lbs. I'm currently mixing their kibble with the canned versions of the lamb and chicken and hoping to transition to 100% kibble (unless there's a good reason not to that I'm not aware of, my vet said it didn't matter).

The ingredients and nutritional profiles appear to be nearly identical aside from these minor differences:
  • They both have a calcium supplement (calcium pantothenate) but only the chicken shows it on the guaranteed analysis (1% minimum).
  • The chicken shows a 0.8% minimum for phosphorus while it doesn't appear at all on the lamb.
  • Taurine is listed on the ingredients for the lamb and not on the chicken (maybe there's more of it naturally in the chicken? I don't know).
I'm sure there are more differences between the two that aren't shown on the label which is the insight I'm looking for. For example, taurine and carnitine are important in preventing DCM but the data provided doesn't show the levels of these in each nor does it show their amino acid profiles.

TIA!

EDIT: I should add, if there are pros and cons to each I'm open to buying both. If I were to go that route, would it make any difference between feeding them one in the morning and one at night or just mixing both together for each meal?

@cptheg3 This is a Fakespot Reviews Analysis bot. Fakespot detects fake reviews, fake products and unreliable sellers using AI.

Here is the analysis for the Amazon product reviews:

Name: 24 (13.2 Oz Each) Cans Nature's Domain Kirkland Variety Pack Stew Dog Food

Company: K Signature

Amazon Product Rating: 4.5

Fakespot Reviews Grade: B

Adjusted Fakespot Rating: 3.3

Analysis Performed at: 01-27-2021

Link to Fakespot Analysis | Check out the Fakespot Chrome Extension!

Fakespot analyzes the reviews authenticity and not the product quality using AI. We look for real reviews that mention product issues such as counterfeits, defects, and bad return policies that fake reviews try to hide from consumers.

We give an A-F letter for trustworthiness of reviews. A = very trustworthy reviews, F = highly untrustworthy reviews. We also provide seller ratings to warn you if the seller can be trusted or not.

@cptheg3 Neither. Look up Tractor Supply's For Health brand. I believe its the same company that makes Blue Diamond and Taste the Wild. I haven't found a lower cost food for less $$. Ingredients are better too.

@cptheg3 I'm also curious about this. I wonder if mixing the two of them together for every meal might be a better option.

What other brands are comparable to these two?

Back