Kirkland adult dog food causing bad breath

penfire1

I’ve been using this food for years. Recently my 2 dogs breath have been smelling terrible. Their teeth are clean. Wasn’t sure what the problem is. I went to my moms house, noticed her 6 dogs breath stink also. This is new to me, I’ve never had this problem until recently.

@sevilodorf If it was just one dog, I would say yes, but the thing is I have two dogs; and my mom has six dogs. I’ve noticed all of their breath is the same way.

@kilemik I use the red one adult dog food chicken and rice.
I checked it out natures domain is also made by diamond foods. Are you experiencing bad breath issues? Our smell kind of fishy.

@penfire1 We have only ever given our dogs that food. So I don't have a point of comparison yet. Although for unrelated reasons we recently switched our puppy over to ProPlan and will probably move our older dog over to an adult version of it as well.

@penfire1 I would recommend switching foods.. i have 2 dogs 1 is a little more picky. Several months ago he started refusing to eat this food after being on it for over a year.. something has changed with this food. Im not the only one thats been experiencing issues with it.. Kirkland, 4health & a few others are all manufactured by Diamond pet food.. type that name in on google & research for yourself.. we switched to purina one, now the dogs cant wait till the bag is opened. Price is even similar.. just my 2 cents

@penfire1 My dogs are having the same issue. They eat the rice and lamb Kirkland food. Never had a problem in the last two years they’ve been eating it but suddenly they both have bad breath. They both just had their annual exams where the vet said their teeth looked good so it can’t be that. I’ve been trying to see if anyone else is having this issue so it looks like it’s not just me

@13paxi34 I wrote to diamond foods. They wanted to know my dogs age. How long the problem has been going on. Bar code on bag. Maybe you should write them also.

Back