Just witnessed proper play with mine (M) and my bros (F) dog!!

lifesabeach

So my boy Zion is a rescue and he's quite reactive with other dogs so he doesn't get to play with them.

Myself and my brother worked slowly at introducing them, especially before he was neutered as he REALLY wanted to make us grandparents respectively!

I spend my mornings working from my mother's where his dog lives so it was vital they get along. After he was neutered they essentially hung out quietly, played with toys but never really together.

This morning they just had their first successful play time! I'm so excited!

He did push the boundaries a little too far, she barked to tell him to back off and he did. Now they're both playing with some toys just enjoying each other's company.

While it's not perfect and I still have a long way to go with Zion, I'm just so grateful for this success!

Happy New Year everyone!

@lifesabeach What a great win!!! In remember being devastated at first when our old family dog went at my puppy really aggressively. I worked really hard to keep them separate while she learned his boundaries, and I'm so proud of him now accepting her into his little world. It' such a great feeling when you see the fruits of your labor.

Well done! I hope there's many more play sessions to come.