ISO Breeder Advice

I am hopeful that someone kind can steer me in the right direction. I have beautiful Bull-Boxer Pits for sale that are 11 weeks old.

I have put a lot of love, time, energy, devotion, and money into each one of them as I want nothing more than for them to be healthy, well mannered, affectionate, and to find forever homes with loving families. This is my first litter so, I’m unsure as to what to charge for them as I see multiple options when I look up prices. I do not want to overcharge anyone, but I do not want to undercharge either as I have put a lot into these bundles of joy and they are quality pups. I have a strict application process as well with background checks as I am picky as to who these pups go to plus a signed agreement that I will take any pup back in the event that the adopter can no longer care for he/she.

Hoping someone can give me rough estimate as to what I should charge as a reputable breeder. Please PM me only with responses and please, please, please no unkind comments and/or judgement. If you find you have nothing kind to say please refrain and scroll past this post. Thank you in advance!

Here is some info on their care received:
  • All pups are on raw meals as I do not trust kibble (I plan to transition them prior to rehoming if requested)
  • All have had 2 series of vaccines and their 3rd round is coming up.
  • They have been faithfully dewormed every 2 weeks since the age of 2 weeks.
  • They are all very well socialized with other adults, children, dogs, and cats.
  • They have been trained and are still being trained. They know simple, common commands like sit, stay, lay, etc. They are I’d say 85% potty trained. We have began leash training as well.
  • They are used to baths as they receive them weekly
  • Claws are clipped regularly
  • Regular well puppy vet visits and health guarantee
  • They are all affectionate, smart, and very attentive, active, friendly, and inquisitive
  • They all come with their own blankets, harness, leash, GPS tracker, toys, lick mats, treat bag, clicker for training, plus more
-They all come with birth certificates, vet/vaccination records, “all about me”portfolios, resource guides, etc.
  • I am willing to serve as a resource to buyers and follow the pups throughout their lifetime and willing to take back any pup at any time
  • Visits to the home to observe their potential pup and to meet the mom are strongly encouraged
  • Transition plan is strongly encouraged
  • All have had a temperament assessment completed

@whatdoesthebiblesay There is a huge issue of supply versus demand for pit mix dogs. Shelters are flooded because there are so many of them, and there's not not enough suitable homes for them. You'll be lucky to find homes for them, regardless of price. Your best bet would be to charge just enough to cover spaying and neutering the parent dogs. Even then, be prepared not to find enough homes for them.

Good luck

@whatdoesthebiblesay I don’t think you’re going to be able to sell these puppies. It’s not hard to find this mix in a shelter.

I’d look for the best homes you can find, making it clear you’ll always take them back if needed.

I would not repeat this breeding.

@whatdoesthebiblesay I know this may not be what you want to hear but you’ve put a lot of effort in (and it honestly sounds like you’ve done a good job) for a type of dog that shelters can’t seem to give away for free

One part of me says charge nothing and focus on good homes. Which should have been found way before 11 weeks. Another part says add up total costs, divide by number of puppies and don’t charge a cent over that

Either way, congrats on your new litter of purebred American Shelter Dogs

@whatdoesthebiblesay I agree with other comments. FWIW OP, you are trying to do all the right things within your control—except that very first one—why am I doing this? So we truly need more dogs like this? For preservation breeding, that’s an easy yes, but for dogs that are common in shelters, it’s a general no. And I’m a bully lover, there’s one sleeping at my feet now.

If you’ve found you love dog breeding, it sounds like you want to do it the right way. I encourage you to go to an AKC meet the breeds or similar event and discover some less known breeds that maybe one day you can contribute to preserving with your passion. This will start you on a road of joining a breed club, a community of people also passionate about a type of dog, show experience, a plethora of specialized testing knowledge, etc.