Is wearing dog pheromone spray as perfume effective to help anxiety?

westcoastdan

Hey, I am working as a trainee dog groomer and I love it. Things are going great but I would like to try make it the best experience for them I can. Would you mind this as an owner? (we check medical conditions/allergies)

(Obviously I use all the correct behavioural and approach techniques) but some new puppies and certain dogs are very anxious or on the books have negative notes on reactivity from previous visits or customer explanation)

Would wearing dog pheromone spray (Adaptil) as perfume benefit the dogs at all at my job as a trainee dog groomer? If so what would be the best places to spray it? I’d let it dry down, 8 pumps are recommend for 5-6 hours.

Any other tips I might not have thought of? I’ve worked in a pet shop before for 5 years and have level 3 behavioural diplomas etc.

So I’m not a novice with animal behaviour and handling. (Fitting dog harness and such).
I understand grooming is a much different environment though.

Any other general tips appreciated too! I’m in the uk if that makes a difference and we don’t groom other species or active show dogs.

Thanks
:)

Back