Is this food safe?

@aaditya I think the main concerns with bones are (1) choking, (2) breaking teeth, and (3) splintering (usually a concern with cooked bones and less of a risk with bones prepared for dogs, as this one is). For 1 and 2, it’s really about knowing and watching your pup. Does she tend to swallow everything? It’s a risk. Does she gnaw gently or with all her strength? If it’s the latter, then teeth breaking are a concern. If you do give it to her, monitor; if she throws up within 24 hours with no other symptoms, it may be too rich for her. Just some ways to help you think the decision through.

(For the record, I personally would give it to my dog and monitor closely. My personal stance is that one probably won’t cause problems. If it doesn’t seem to cause issues, then I’d decide whether I want to buy another.)

@aaditya We have given out dog Split-Antlers from when we first got him and he has had no issues. I will say however, our dog gnaws on things. So there is very little risk of him cracking a tooth just due to how he is.

Back