Is Royal Canin worth the price tag?

thomasw

I have a 4 month Frenchton and I’ve had him on Royal Canin since the day I got him. I did a lot of research before I got him and ultimately it seemed like Royal Canin was the superior brand and was best for puppies. Anyway, I go to a local pet store and they asked what food I have him on, they told me Royal Canin isn’t worth the money and that if I’m willing to spend that much I should go withN&D

My question is what are your guys thoughts on Royal Canin? From what I’ve seen Royal Canin and Hills seems like the best and most Vet-researched.. My pup doesn’t dislike Royal Canin but the lady at the store did get in my head and now I’m questioning if I should be spending this much on food when there’s alternates that may be just as good. Thoughts? Experiences with Royal Canin or N&D?

@kbp78 I do royal canin and mix in some fresh (non-raw) food, but my folks have been hills-exclusive for their past 5 dogs over the years of different breeds and they’ve lived long healthy lives with no GI issues.

Back