Is it ok for my dog to mooch after eating?

dekori

I know they can’t do proper exercise or go for long walks but it’s fine if he just lies down in the guard and does a bit of sniffing right? He walks at 0.5mph, he’s so incredibly slow so it must not affect him right?

@dekori Not clear on the question. Is it OK for the dog to do stuff after eating? Of course it is!

It's best not to get too rowdy right after a meal... you probably ought not have him playing fetch or running sprints on a full belly, but wandering around doing normal dog stuff is perfectly OK.

@starluv Yeah sorry rushed the question. I basically meant what you answered, I can still let him out to walk freely because he chooses not to run about. I get worried sick thinking about him bloating up.

@dekori I had a very special dog die of bloat, so I understand your concern. It's a horrible thing for the poor animal to go through.

But for any healthy dog under normal circumstances, bloat is unlikely to be a problem, even if the dog is a little more active after the meal. Think of it just like people... a little moderate perambulation after dinner is a great way to aid digestion.