Inescapable harness for reactive chihuahua houdini

taliine

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice inescapable harness for a leash reactive little chihuahua mix? My chihuahua mix is part pekingese and has short stubby little legs. She's shaped a lot like a fluffy daschund. I cannot use a collar with her because I realized it was hurting her trachea. She barks and lunges at passing dogs when on leash. (She also constantly pulls.) I've tried several harnesses with the front attachment with her and she's managed to get them twisted somehow so she's able to get both legs where one leg should be. Last weekend, I took her on a walk with this harness with the leash attached to the ring at the back and she managed to get completely out of it (horrifying). I would love some suggestions for what works with a short dog, thanks.

@taliine Anything advertised as a "safety harness" should do the trick. They'll have a third, smaller loop for the back of the ribcage so that the dog can't back out of the harness.

I've heard good things about the RuffWear Webmaster, or something custom made could be good if your dog has an odd shape. Lots of choices on Etsy.