IBD Dog Food

polkadot11

My dog has IBD and we feed him Hills Science z/d. The problem is he’ll eat up the gravy that I kind of make with the pâté but leave the dry food. I can’t really afford to get both. Does anyone have a suggestion to make the dry food more enticing? Is there a plant based gravy that I could make? A vegetable that dogs go crazy for?

@polkadot11 There are dog sprinkles it’s meat though it is usually like beef liver but you can find different ones but I’d check with your vet to make sure it’s okay to add

An example is something like this Your pet will love this Crumps' Naturals Beef Liver Sprinkles Grain-Free Dog Food Topper, 5.6-oz jar: https://app.chewy.com/v4Rrr5KeBub

Their is also stuff like chicken breast sprinkles there’s a big variety you can find

@polkadot11 Soak the dry food in warm water.

I cook part of my dog's food with fresh stuffs like chicken liver, carrot, pumpkin (ingredient that are anti inflammation), all thrown into the pressure cooker. Then I scoop part of it to mix with the dry food and warm water.

Takes time, but really does save alot on pet food. And also check out a book called "The Forever Dog" :)

Back