I yelled at my 6 six year old dog and she's hasn't been the same for 3 days now

goodheart

So 3 days ago my 50lb dog was trying to jump on the bed and lost her back leg footing and scratched my leg instead. My reaction was to yell her name. As I do when she barks too much or trys to jump on friends that come by. Well now she just hasn't been herself since. I got her at 2 months old and shes now 6...and never have I seen her act like this. She's been hiding and won't jump on any couches to look out the window nor the bed. She has only got on top of the bed at night with the help of my husband. I feel awful like I traumatized her or something. She plays outside like normal but once she comes back in, she's back to acting strange. This dog is the most playfull, spoiled dog there is and I'm so heartbroken to see that she feels this way. I know it will take time for her to act normal again but how long?

UPDATE
So I just paid $600 for bloodwork and x-rays for the vet to tell me she's normal. 🤦‍♀️ They found nothing. No sprain or injuries. Nothing odd in Bloodwork either. I think she's just hesitant to jump on bed/couch thinking I'll yell at her again. What a Monday.

@rajraj1 So I thought about that too and I was feeling her back paws, moving them, etc. and she didn't yelp or move. She has been playing and running in backyard daily too. No signs of limping or strain either.

@goodheart That does not mean that she hasn't hurt something. Some muscles are not used much unless jumping. It is possible that she both hurt herseld and got scared of you. I would take her to the vet for a proper work up.