I have a 2 y/o GSD who chucks tantrums if she doesn't get her way particularly digging

growdaily

Just for context i have a german Shepard and a pom X and we've had torrential rain for the last 5 days and havent been able to to take them out for the 5-10kms a day(they run behind the ute) so the big girl is restless and I get it but she's dug a couple of not small holes which I wouldn't have found if she didn't act so guilty.
There are other times when ill miss here dinner time of exactly 6:05 and she will dig a hole or go bark at the neighbours but the barking is ok shes the quietest dog in the neighbourhood but the digging needs to stop and ive been trying for almost 2 years

Please help!!

@growdaily Google for "dog enrichment activities". My mastiff mix especially loves being given a cadboard box to destroy. My pomeranian's favorite is peanut butter in his kong toy. Hide and seach with treats and toys works great for my guys as well.

@metalgreymon I hide some rawhide today for them.
My pom loves to get a tennis ball and remove all the fluff or pull foam balls to piece's where as the German shepard loves to wrestle and be chased but i could do that for an hour straight and she'd still want more but Is only interested in playing with toys if my partner and i are hanging out in the caravan with them (the place a recently moved to doesnt allow dogs inside so they live in a caravan in the back shed because there to spoilt to be actual outside dogs) and there isn't enough room to play in there.

Dogs are hard work...I'm glad I don't have kids

@growdaily There are some superb DIY Canine enrichment pages on Facebook. Digging is a natural behaviour and there are ways you can redirect it to preferred areas and activities. Canine enrichment can be cheap and easy with lots of recycled materials from home.