I have 3 Dogos I am now responsible for

burk88

One of the has CPTSD and/or an allergy. Their dad is away so essentially they’re mine now for all intents and purposes. I can’t let anything happen to them but not exactly overflowing with resources to care for them as well as I want. Only had one dog before and he didn’t have any issues so I’ve zero experience. Miles is my Dogo with skin issues, it’s red on his back side and his face gets very itchy after he eats. He seems to do better on Benadryl. Was my idea cause Benadryl is an off label antidepressant and an antihistamine. Didn’t think it would make him worse., and it definitely hasn’t. I can’t bathe him, even his dad wouldn’t try. I give him dust baths In diatomaceous earth and it helps but sucks having too cover his bed in dust and let him kick it up everywhere. I know changing his food is a good idea but I am a broke witch at this moment. I want to get cheap scraps from the meat place and make him food but not clear on how. Do I cook it? Do I add rice?? Got a meat grinder tho.
I don’t have a specific question, can we discuss Dogo mental health and food allergies? I don’t know enough to ask a specific question.

@somberry Hey, I ordered powdered flea meds, I had to get a 1000th scale but itchy dog was allergic to fleas. Problem solved for years for the cost of 30 bucks American

@somberry Not for 150 miles or so, and even then with no local address to show my taxes go to the program ai won’t qualify. I’m in the rural southern US. we don’t have a trap neuter release program in the entire state. I can get free cat food sometimes at the charity shop but naw fam, when I was a located in the western US yes I could have gotten some aid but not here.

Back