I give up! Orijen is just too expensive! What moderately priced food should I switch to?

My dogs have been on Orijen for a little more than a year now and they LOVE it. But I just can't afford to keep buying it. Orijen adult is okay at ~$2.97/lb, but the other flavors are just too much. E.g. My dogs like Tundra best, but it's ~$4.79/lb. I might as well just feed them cheap steaks at that point, haha.

What other great foods are out there that you all like? Preferably high protein, grain free, with no recalls. I've looked into ACANA (b/c they love Orijen so much), Taste of the Wild, EVO, Hi-Tek Naturals, and Castor and Pollux Ultramix. Trying to collect as much info as possible before I buy anything.

Thanks.

@anonymitycodeboanerges I work at a retailer that carries Merrick. From what the reps have told us, the formulas won't be touched. It usually takes about a year and a half for those changes to hit shelves, so it will be interesting to see what they launch in the fall as those will be the first products created under new ownership.

@anonymitycodeboanerges Evo gave both of my dogs the runs, and they do fine on other rich foods.

Orijen has been the best for them overall. Acana is also good but not that much cheaper.

I'd also add Sammy Snacks Ancestry and Nature's Logic to your list. Nature's logic is not "grain free" because it uses millet as the starch, but I honestly don't think that's a bad thing--I'll take millet over white potato any day. Ancestry is a smaller local east coast brand, but their website has free shipping.

Back