I don't want to hear your F*cking dead animal stories!

sam1

Why why why do people think because we work with animals we want to hear about the different horrific ways you're animals have died! I'm mobile so I go to clients houses and just left a place where a lady told me no less than 5 stories about her dog that mauled a cat, her dog that would run loose with her cat that was then mauled by coyotes and her dog that was mauled to death by a neighbors dog. Etc etc.
I just wanted to scream at her that these were all her fault and she shouldn't have animals because she refuses to control them.

And guess what she's going to f*cking breed her dog for the 3rd time! Because there's not enough animals in shelters without homes and "he's such a good breeder I'm never going to neuter him!"

Human beings are awful.

@sam1 I'm sorry you had to deal with that, also mobile and I've heard my fair share of unwanted stories unfortunately. 🙃 Do customers do this at normal salons I wonder, just oversharing in the lobby? Or is it something special mobile groomers get to experience?

@jennypink Nearly 20 years of working with dogs. Grooming, kennels, vets, sitting, all of them hear it. Sad part is one of the reasons I groom over the others is there are less "sad moments."

Not that I haven't seen it but I will say, I am surprised this is a well paying customer.

Being a paying customer makes it bearable, a good tipper makes it lot more bearable.