Husky Pup Got Bitten By Another Dog Help How To Treat

darienjames

In a dog park a larger dog bit my husky on the forehead when my husky tried to steal the dogs toy in his mouth. I did not notice any bleeding until 10-15 min later on my husky forehead. I immediately brought it home and put a bit of syptic powder on a cotton swab and dab it down on the bite area to stop the bleeding. Im wondering what do i do now to make sure there's no infection?

I ran to the pet store and the guy told me to buy the item below

Silver Biotics (American Biotech Labs) ASAP365

I also took a look at purchasing one of these after work but any one have any experience with it?

Earth's Balance Canine Solution, 32-Oun

@darienjames If the cuts/puncture marks left by the bite are pretty deep, you want to take your dog to the vet because it can get infected pretty quickly. If it's just shallow and the teeth just grazed the surface, your pup will probably be ok. IMO with bites, it's better to make a vet appointment and find out everything is ok than not to and be sorry later. The vet will also be able to clean and dress the wound properly.

@darienjames Definitely wash it at home with warm soapy water, however our vet has told us that any time our dog or cat is bit by a stranger-animal (dog, cat, anything) he would want to give a rabies booster... just in case.

Call your vet. Minimally they can clean it out very well and send you home with an appropriate topical ointment.

Back