Hoping to Adopt in About a Year+

rhys121

Hey, I’m pretty sure of the type of dog I’d like but I’m currently looking for a reputable dog breeder to start a conversation and get started to some degree. Is anyone out there willing to talk more or possibly point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much in advance. 🙏🏾

@rhys121 Akc has a questionnaire you can do to help narrow down breeds that are suitable for your lifestyle. Then find a reputable breeder that shows and does health tests. Local dog shows is a good place to start

@rhys121 I would contact the parent club of the breed you’re interested in. Like say if you were interested in a Poodle you would contact the poodle club of America etc..Their websites have breeders referral lists.

@rhys121 Have you settled on a breed? If not- I highly recommend you check out dog shows/events that highlight a large group of breeds. This is a great way to learn about breeds and start to network with breeders.

@rhys121 You will not be able to find a reputable breeder for a Doberman-Lab mix. Nobody is purposefully mixing those breeds together, and if they are it's close to a 100% chance they are a byb

@imagebeastmarkbeast I completely agree with the above comment.One thing I’d like to add the temperament of a Doberman is vastly different than the temperament of a lab and with mixed breeds you never know what you’re going to get.Not every breed or mix of breeds fits a persons lifestyle or family.It would be so much better to figure out which breed fits your lifestyle the best and then find an ethical breeder through the breeds parent Club.A well bred dog from an ethical preservation breeder is truly one of the finer experiences in life.

Back