Help my picky Catahoula

mozes

So I have a 8.5 year old Catahoula leopard dog and she is stubborn and extremely picky. Because of some health issues, she had to go onto a therapeutic diet for a while. We tried Hill's Science I/D and Royal Canin Selected Protein Rabbit. She doesn't like them. Either a) she doesnt like the taste of either of them, b) she doesnt like the texture/crunchiness, or c) she's rebelling because she wants her old food back (which she is very capable of.)

So my next step is to start looking into limited ingredient OTC kibble with a texture that is similar to her original food. Her old food was smaller and not as hard as the Hill's and the Royal Canin. If any of you have suggestions about what I might start with, it would be so appreciated.

@mozes Backtracking a little, have you talked to your vet about adding water to the kibble until it's soft and mixing it up to make it more of a paste-like consistency instead of hard kibble? You might also be able to ask about single protein baby foods being added with some water. My picky boy did well with turkey baby food cut with water mixed into his food.

Back