Help me chose a food

vince__tron

Hello all.

I am in a dilemma right now. I’m 18 yo and own a 3 yo mutt that’s pretty healthy. I work at a pet store that monthly, through the company itself, gives us one 20 lb bag of Stella and Chewy’s Raw Blend & one First Mate 20 lb bag. Those foods, while meeting AAFCO guidelines is not backed by feeding trials or meets WSAVA guidelines. I don’t make alot of money as I only work part time. Would it just be better to switch to PPP even though I get those brands for free? TIA

@vince__tron Iams is a great budget food. All my dogs are on it except for one because she has to have chicken free. I've also fed Purina Dog Chow in the past when money was tight. And the dogs I had thrived on it, solid poops, good coats. Even when I could afford a more expensive food I just kept with Dog Chow.

@vince__tron Update!! So I think my dog might have an allergy or sensitivity to chicken so I am eliminating it from her diet. She’ll be on Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Stomach & Skin half the month, the other half she will be on Stella & Chewy’s Raw Blend. Thank you all!

@vince__tron It would be hard for me to turn down 40lbs of kibble every month. If my dog liked the food and was healthy, I’d probably just feed it until I was in a better position to pay out of pocket.

Back