Has anyone’s dog had a sore like this on their leg?

niv80

My parents’ and I’s dog is a 12y/o chihuahua/yorkie, 7lbs, he is currently on Vetmedin (pimobendan) 1.25mg but I’m not totally sure on the dosage as my dad gives it to him and he’s at work so I can’t ask rn, Temaril-P 1/2 tablet daily and 1/4 tablet twice daily as needed.

I just noticed he has this sore on his leg although it doesn’t seem to be bothering him as I just noticed it by chance. He does a LOT of licking his front feet, but I didn’t think he licked that far back on his leg. Could this be a sore from licking? Something else? Has anyone else had experience with this?

@shela710 Yeah my parents said they’re going to call in a few days after keeping an eye on it for a bit. We cleaned it with warm water and wrapped it with a bandaid to keep him from licking it and keeping it protected.

@niv80 They're fairly common and can be hard to treat if the dog keeps licking them, unfortunately. Can take 2-3 weeks to heal, but need to be covered, etc.

@shela710 Gotcha, thank you. I helped them clean it today and I got some non stick pads and self adherent bandage wrap from Walgreens and we put that on it to keep it clean and dry. Will definitely keep bothering them to call the vet😂 They will for sure call if it gets worse though. Right now it doesn’t seem to bother him. I’m hoping it’s just a lick granuloma and nothing else