Growth on dogs leg

edoward

Hi all! need advice

I notice this some months ago on my dog, my groomer said it was a skin tag back then. However its grown a fair bit, any idea what it could be? Do skin tags get bigger with time?

-I must add, went to the vet about 2 months ago to get cream for my dogs paws, as they get irritated around Spring each year, the vet obviously saw the growth and mentioned nothing of concern. It has grown since then though!
  • Sex/Neuter status: Male
  • Breed: Beagle x Jack Russell

@edoward This seems to be a Papilloma wart and is benign but if the pet complains of pain and it’s scratching intensely please take him to ER.. they should usually go away within a few months as pets develop immunity but if it continues to grow you should definitely check back with the Vet as they may try to analyze

@edoward Older dogs tend to get these. When they’re small it’s generally not a huge issue, but if they grow bigger they can catch on things, if they protrude past the dogs coat they can be scratched and are prone to skin issues.

Depending on the colour, size, shape, growth pattern the vet may biopsy them even when they’re small, but if they’re beginning to irritate your dog the vet will likely want to remove them, or you can ask them to.

Back