good wet food topper that's not grain free?

ttown

i struggled to get my pup to eat his kibble, and finally found one that he liked but I realized it's grain free lol. i don't know too much about GF i just remembered I saw people correlating it with heart issues in the long run. right now we feed him the Wholehearted Chicken Recipe in Gravy Dog Meal Topper, but I am looking to change since I realized it was GF

anyone have any wet food topper their dogs like? my dog likes chicken a lot

@ttown It's not a topper, but I use Purina One.

However, I do want to point out that grain-free for a topper isn't a big deal if the dry food is normal. It also doesn't look like that specific topper uses lentils or peas, which are the main ingredients that are being debated for their role in the heart issues.

@ttown Ya we struggled to find one too. Our pup has lose poop with whatever wet food we add. So now we just give him kibble and luckily he’s eating plain kibble again. He struggled in the past. Sometimes I mix egg or peanut butter in it to make it a bit moist and more inviting as both suit his stomach.

@ttown I shake up my dogs kibble with some dog bone broth. I also use it to make ice cubes for him. He loves it. I also use Freshpet Select Roll Tender Chicken Recipe Refrigerated Dog Food from target

Back