Go! Vs natural balance

type1mom

I have a 1 yr Boston terrier with a chicken intolerance. She’s been on Purina pro puppy salmon and did well on it but Ive been wanting to switch her off PP when we move to adult food since they source from China and have synthetic vitamin k (my local pet store stopped carrying the brand for these reasons). I switched her to fromm lamb (their salmon has chicken fat!!!) because I’ve heard so many positive things about the brand but she doesn’t seem to really like lamb - so we are going back to salmon! After lots of research I think I’m down to Go! Solutions or natural balance. Any feedback or experience with either?

@type1mom I wouldn’t switch, and there’s nothing wrong with how they formulate with vitamins, never heard of problems about it, sounds like fear mongering, go, and natural balance do not do proper feeding trials, or trials at all, they do not employ professionals to formulate diets and they do not meet wsava, but purina has over 500+ on board scientists, veterinary nutritionists and people with masters/pHd in nutrition on board, when some of these companies don’t even have 1 on board

@type1mom I feed Go! Digestion & Gut Health (Salmon), to my Lab with food sensitivities and he is thriving on it. He loves the food, his coat is gorgeous and his poo is perfect. None of our dogs ever did well on PPP. I would recommend it.

@type1mom My shihtzu has a suspected grain sensitivity/intolerance (always yeasty/itchy) - we switched him to Go grain free about 2 weeks ago and he’s loving it and his itchy skin issues seem to have dissipated aswell!

A bit on the pricey side and I’m going to consult with my vet re: grain free diet

Back