Dog rehab recovery after TTA TPLO surgery

alag

My 4 year old jindo mix dog had TTA surgery in early December and she is still having difficulty walking. She becomes lame on her weak side after 15 mins on a walk, and when she’s getting up and laying down. She’s also now constantly licking her paws. She’s been through 5 weeks of hydrotherapy PT (30 min sessions/once a week) along with laser therapy. She did 10 weeks of rest post op with PROM exercises. She’s on antinol (but dasaquin for two months beforehand) I don’t know what to do. She doesn’t seem to be improving. Her leg drags when she’s walking at a normal (but faster pace than she’s been walking recently) speed. I’m not getting real answers from her vet. X-rays have never shown anything outside of done fluid buildup . However when her vet performed TTA surgery, she said her knee ligaments were shattered. This doesn’t show up in X-rays? I’m also mindful of how many times she’s getting drugged for X-rays. It’s not good to put your dog under unless you absolutely must. How complicated is it to run and analyze an X-ray? Do most dogs get back to 90-100% after TTA Surgery? If they don’t, then what more can we do for them?

Back