Dog reacts strangely to certain treats/toys?

ah44257

So I'm hoping someone on here can help me with this, as I have been unable to find any information on the issue online.

I have a 1 year old Chihuahua Terrier mix who reacts very strangely to specific toys and treats. He will start running around, whining loudly and shaking. He gets very anxious, aggressive and will lunge and growl at my cat and anyone else who gets to close to him, regardless of whether they are actually approaching him or not. A lot of the time he will quite literally have to have the offending toy/treat wrestled away from him and thrown away or else he will be in this weird state all day- after it gets taken he's shaky and aggressive (growling and snapping, hasn't bitten anyone while doing this though.) for a solid 5-10 minutes before calming down and going back to normal.

The problems are Nubz treats, and then at random various other toys with no particular pattern- sometimes a random soft toy, other times a chew bone will set him off. And his behavior towards his toys is consistent: either he will immediately and constantly display strange behavior with the toy, or he will be perfectly fine and never have any issue with it. (For this reason we don't really experiment with tpys for him and generally just buy the same 3-4 toys that he doesn't have issue with whenever he needs a replacement.) He has never displayed any sort of food aggression, and with his other toys he actively seeks people out to play-wrestle him for- hence why the behavior strikes me as so odd.

Some of the things he's had issue with are

Starmark Twist and Lock Treat Dog Toy

N-Bone Quado Interactive Bacon Flavored Medium Dental Dog Treat

Nocciola 5 PCS Crinkle Dog Squeaky Toys from Amazon

Nubz Dog treats

I should also note that he has plenty of toys that are flavored that do not cause him issue, so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

He's normally a very sweet (if hyper) dog so this issue is nothing I'd give him up over since it can just be avoided for the most part by just sticking to the same toys, but if I could possibly get an explanation/fix for his unusual hyper fixations I'd appreciate it!