Did Royal Canin gastrointestinal change the recipe?

vunguyen179

I have a 3,5 year old Belgian shepherd girl who has been on Royal Canin Gastro ever since she turned one recommended by my vet to fix some diarrhea issues.

Since July 2023 (around the period I switched to a brand new bag of kibble) my dog has been experiencing constant ear infections. She’s been treated 9 times in the past 6 months and together with my vet we’ve been eliminating everything she would snack on in an effort to figure out what she might be allergic to.

We’ve always ruled out the kibble since she’s been on it for most of her life but I’m starting to suspect something changed in the recipe.

Does anyone know if royal canin might have modified there recipe in the period of March - July 2023?

@vunguyen179 Your best bet is going to be to ask the company, but ear infections are not a typical food allergy symptom and are far more often immune or environmental in nature

@sevilodorf Thank you, I did previously live in a colder and dryer climate close to the coast and now I live in a more wet climate also more inland. My allergies have been acting up as well since I moved. I would find it a bit weird if it was environmental because she was fine for the first 3 months after the move. It could be a coincidence that I just happened to had started a new bag off the kibble just before the first ear infection.