Dasuquin Advanced vs MSM

jayteeclark

Hi everyone. Today my 4 y/o corgi was prescribed Dasuquin Advanced for the first time to help with the beginning of his arthritis. I am unfamiliar with this product & ofc am looking for advice/reviews on it. I trust my vet’s recommendation but i would like outside input of their own experience for their fur baby. I had seen on Chewy.com that Dasuquin is sold as the regular kind & the one with MSM. The vet had prescribed me the “advanced” one. Obviously paying online is cheaper than buying from a clinic. Does anyone know whether I should save money & buy the MSM one in the future once i need a refill or should I stick with the “Advanced” one from the vet clinic if it is significantly better? Thank you.

@legend28 thanks for sharing your experience! One of my friends actually use Glycoflex Plus as well. I wonder why vets only seem to be recommending Dasuquin over any other brand. Since you have used both would you say you noticed. significant difference between the two with your dog’s health? & which one had you used first before switching over?

@legend28 Just a heads up, these can be difficult to give to even mildly picky eaters. A lot of reviews mention this, but I’ve had 2 different dogs I’ve sat that were either reluctant to take them or refused them outright. Where as my own highly picky eater will take the Dasequin.

Obviously this is mostly anecdotal, but just wanted to throw it in there for anyone reading who has a pickier pup.

@mumof4grls I just gave my dog the dasuquin today. the vet had gave me the soft tablet one. he took it immediately bc he’s a little chonk but once he had it in his mouth he spit it out only to think it over & break it apart & slowly eat it, so i might have trouble with his pickiness later, maybe i can hide it with peanut butter like i do with his medicine haha.

Back