Can I carry my puppy around in a backpack style carrier when I’m running errands?

heliuscluster1

We recently got a puppy and still a few weeks to go before he’s fully vaccinated. He gets his roaming around time in a controlled environment, and we always keep an eye on him. He’s still a puppy and yet to be introduced to a lot of sensory stuff, and so I think bringing him on errands like a walk around town (where pets are allowed) in a puppy backpack carrier or something could be helpful for him and for us. We can still go about our daily tasks while he gets to see the world in a safe way. Is this ok? Has anyone tried this with a young puppy?

@heliuscluster1 in pet friendly, yes! however I would make sure to let him stretch his legs every so often, outside of the backpack

alternatives i've seen are strollers (screened in are great)

@heliuscluster1 I did this when I had a little dog. My dad was a dog trainer and said some dogs really love being in backpacks like that even as adults. They get the view and to engage. I now own an 80 pound dog so no backpacks for him unless he’s wear it lol

Back