Boarding around London U.K

jackp

As I write I am missing our family holiday as I have been unable to find anyone to care for our sensitive, fear reactive dog.

I did find several people/kennels but there were always issues with the boarding that I wasn’t happy with as I thought he might struggle and I would have been concerned about while we were away. I’d rather miss the holiday than settle for something just to get a break and risk setting our dog back in his behaviour modification journey.

Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere for our dog to stay within 2/3 hour drive of London?

@jackp Find a pet sitter to come and stay while you’re gone.

Pupper will be a lot less upset about not having his people if he doesn’t have to leave his home.

@peterku That would be lovely but he doesn’t like new people or people in our house. We live in an extremely busy area with lots of people and dogs at all times so it is constant work every time we walk out the door.

@jackp I've heard good things from friends about the RSPCA boarding facility near Brighton. But this late into the school holidays I suspect you'll struggle to find somewhere.

@pdizzle09 I’m investigating now for our next holiday so I’ll look into this - thank you! Do you have any more feedback or info on why they liked it?

Back