Bleeding 6 weeks and 2 days after pups?

hbgcamila

Noticed a drop of blood today on my tile after she came out if a sit. Acting totally normal, pups are freshly weaned from momma. I haven't noticed the bloody discharge in like 2 weeks but that doesn't mean it wasn't there, no swollen vulva so I don't suspect a heat.

@hbgcamila Honestly it sounds like very normal post whelp discharge. Could the drop of blood you saw come from any other source? If she was mine I would just watch her close and then if anything changes have her seen.

@drsharles I was literally putting her collar on and seen it when she got up directly from her vag, and swiped her and there was a bit of blood on the tissue but none after that swipe. Almost like a heat but again, no swelling.

@hbgcamila If no odor or any other symptoms it could just be a one off. Make a note in your phone to yourself and document what you noticed and when just incase something else pops up!

@hbgcamila Have seen similar, with no problems.

Occasional spotting is completely different from flow, as you probably already know. But just in case: If blood is steadily flowing, even in just a small flow, seek vet ASAP.