Awkwardly shaped puppy

stephen3141

So I have an almost 6 month old cavapoo that is more cava than poo. She has all straight hair and is tall, narrow and long. Her chest is 13 inches her neck is between 7-9.5 Inches, her back however is a shocking 14-16 inches. The measurements are rough because she’s wiggly. so the problem I’m having is trying to find a Y shaped harness that fits her but is long enough in the back to not ride up under her armpits. Along with the sizing being complicated for her I would prefer ones that have 1/4 inch straps or at least something that doesn’t swallow her whole. I also like the ones with a clasp for the neck and the chest/ belly. The H shaped one definitely hurt her shoulders and all the research I did after I got one said the same. All of the clothes I’m trying to get her for winter look like belly shirts/crop tops and they are meant to go down to the base of her tail on the top and end just above her lower belly on bottom. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

@stephen3141 Buy every potential size, then just return what doesn't fit.

Source: I'm a corgi owner, there is no 'standard' size for a long, short, potato-sized dog.

@teq I thought about that too but with so many different brands and options out there I didn’t know if there was one with a better track record that I could get different sizes to see what works best

Back