Autolock/Twistlock Carabiner Leash Recommendations?

daisymaebuddy

I'm currently using this leash from Tuff Mutt and I like it for the most part but I don't like how the part of the leash that I wrap around my hand seems to be wearing out. My dog is only 35 pounds but she's an intense puller so I'm looking for something with maybe a traffic handle addition or is modifiable. I'm open to all suggestions but it 100% needs to have a locking carabiner like the Tuff Mutt one!

@daisymaebuddy I really like this small company that makes biothane leashes. She has the option for adding a traffic handle and the locking carabiner. I have 4 leashes from her and they've all been high quality. I have a standard 6 foot, a 15 foot longline, a 35 foot drag line, and recently bought what she calls the marauder.

If you want something more standard leash, Ruffwear makes one with the locking carabiner but no traffic handle. This Ruffwear one has the traffic handle but not exactly a locking carabiner.

@daisymaebuddy You could get a pack of autolocking carabiners to attach to any leash

My favorite leash is this one. I can clip it around my waist to not only handle any surprise lunges at deer without worrying about dropping the leash or getting knocked over, but I can also have my hands free to carry other stuff + deliver treats easily. Can attach the carabiner to the square piece holding the default clip, my dad works at a machine shop and he was able to cut the old clip off where it connects so it didnt look ugly, i dont know what tool he used but it wasnt in the way or anything when I had it on it was just ugly lol. We cant use a standard attachment either because it magically unclipped itself when she pulled a certain way and almost ended in disaster the last time it happened, she ran towards a pair of rotties and I didnt know her well enough yet to know if she would be aggressive (shes not but shes a rude greeter). Fortunately they were very well trained dogs.

Back