Any ideas what this is?

nicole89

I noticed it two night ago. I was hoping it was a tick, but it wasn’t. So, I got her to the vet the following morning. They did some blood work to make sure she’s healthy enough for sedation and checked protein levels among other things. Everything was normal including her protein levels. Her biopsy is scheduled for next week, so for the next week everything is just up in the air.

She is a pit bull mix. Not sure what she’s mixed with, we’ve always thought Dalmatian, since she has small spots all over her body. Since she’s got the pink skin, I know skin cancer is a high risk for her, although I don’t really let her out in the sun for long stretches.

Her energy levels and alertness are normal. Her appetite is normal. She doesn’t seem sensitive in the area. I have a three year old and a one year old human and they touch her and rough house with her all over and she’s still loving it. When touching her leg to take the picture, she didn’t flinch or tense up. Since finding this thing, I’ve been looking through her fur for more, and haven’t found anything. She’s fully vaccinated and otherwise healthy. She’s about 5 years old. As far as other medical history, when she was 1 year old, she had an ear infection and last year she had a UTI. Both infections only occurred once.

Does anyone have any idea what this looks like? Does it look like cancer or anything else? Any advice is welcome! Thank you!

Edit: The above link does not work for some reason. This one does. Sorry!