Anxious dog moved from house to apartment; barks when we leave; how do we stop it?

resolve413

Hi all, my boyfriend and I just moved in together. For the past couple months my dog (G) has been with my parents while I’ll sporadically stay a couple days then go to work or with my bf as we slowly we’re moving in together. During that time, my mom has taught him bad habits, giving into his demands and not leaving him home alone. Now that we’ve brought G to the apartment, he’s barking for hours when we leave. It’s been 3 days in the new place, I think he’s not fully comfortable which is why he barks for so long. Previously with my parents, we we’d leave he’d bark a minute or two then stop.
I’ve tried calming music, leaving toys w/ treats out, crating him and even some CBD. Nothing seems to be working and I’m feeling helpless.
Does this seem like a training issue or a comfort issue?

@resolve413 It's only been 3 days and your dog has been through a lot of change. You may need to start from square 1 basically to get him comfortable with being alone there. If your parents are ok with it, I would leave him there during your workdays while you work on training him to be comfortable alone in this new space. On days/times you're not working, you can try to build up how long he's comfortable for alone. Even if you don't use a crate you could use a similar strategy as crate training where you slowly shape the dogs behavior so they're relaxed alone in the space.