Andis eMERGE Clipper worth it?

cmfsd

Is the new Andis eMerge Clipper worth it? I currently have the Andis 68530 Excel Pro Animal 5-speed and am wondering if it's worth it to buy the new emerge? Thanks.

@cmfsd From the specs sheet, it's 5oz heavier than Heiniger or Wahl cordless clippers, 30min less run time, and weaker overall because it's a rotary motor vs brushless. All while saving you like $30 compared to Wahl.

Idk what Andis was thinking 🤷‍♀️

@cmfsd Well I guess this answers the question in my head. Do Andis and Wahl even want to make dog grooming tools anymore? Because all their shit sucks and the quality is AWFUL. They seem to be making things just to produce, and aren’t actually making anything new, innovative, or useful for longevity in product or regarding groomers.

@cmfsd I don’t think they are worth it. I bought it in December and I kept having issues with the clamp, every time I put my blade on it wouldn’t stay on securely. So my blade would pop off and it was a pain in the ass to get it to clamp on all the way….then I exchanged it and thought maybe I had a bad pair, but nope even the new pair did the same thing. I’m just going to return it. Longevity wise I know that’s going to wear my clippers out quick because every time I put my blade on I have to put so much pressure

Back