Almost 1 year old won’t eat

azon

My 11 month old GS won’t eat her food. We just switched to adult food,she had stopped eating her puppy food. She ate well for a few weeks and now has stopped/lost interest again. Yesterday she barely touched breakfast and dinner. Same this morning right breakfast. She’s going to the bathroom fine and acting normal… any suggestions? Thanks!

@azon You can try "spicing up" her food by adding warm water and letting it soak. I would also call the vet and ask them. It doesn't sound like she necessarily needs a visit but the vet may want you to bring her in for a check up. Is she spayed? I have heard of some female dogs not eating when they go in heat.

@azon GSD have famously sensitive stomachs. Any excessive scratching at the ears, yeasty ear smells, or chewing at the paws?

My bubba wouldn’t touch his food, and when he did, he had the issues above. Turns out he doesn’t like chicken (which I hear is pretty common for GSD) once we removed it, all of that went away, and now he eats like a normal pupper. Can’t say it’s a true allergy, because who wants to pay for a dog allergy test?

@imagebeastmarkbeast No scratching, smelling or chewing. She’s normal, other then not being real interested. I think something messed up her stomach. She ate all her food last night, cuz she’s been pretty much fasting for 1.5 days prior. Didn’t eat this morning though.