Allergy test

lyndas

Hello! My German shepherd is constantly scratching and he started to lose hair on his ears. We went to the doctor when I saw red skin on his belly and vet said that I have to give him allergy pills but he didn’t do any test ! He said that’s it’s not a big deal but my dog is still scratching so I want to do this test now. I heard that u can do it at home or send samples of hair or saliva to them? Can u recommend any kit? I want to know what allergies he have exactly if for food then what kind of food etc thank you !

@lyndas Go back to your vet and ask about the pills and why he did not do anything else! And if you are not happy with this vet, go to another one who will help you discover what exactly is going on with your dog.

There are no reliable allergy tests for food allergies, the ones on the market are a scam. If you want to know whether your dog has food allergies, the only way to do so is through an elemination diet. Do so with the help of your vet, so you know you are doing it right.

@dshort Hmm my dog is on a raw diet since he was a puppy and now he’s 9months old I don’t know if food is the problem that’s why I wanted to do some tests because it’s hard to guess but I didn’t knew that it’s a scam

Back