Advice of dogs epilepsy

tarajo

If anyone has experience dealing with this please comment I’m at a loss for what to do my Rottweiler mix who’s 6y.o. has been dealing with seizures since October of 2021 he’s had a total of 31 seizures since they have drastically increased since November of 2023 where he’s having them 1-2x a month he already sees a neurologist who honestly hasn’t been much help & can rarely be bothered to return a call or fit us in for apts or comment on medication adjustments over the phone (currently waiting for an apt rn that was booked 2 months out) he’s on a lot of meds he takes keppra 500mg 7 tablets 2x daily, pheno 100mg 1.5 tables 2x daily, pheno 15mg 1 tablet 2x daily, and potassium bromide 500mg 1 tablet 2x daily - all his bloodwork is healthy despite all of these meds he’s got so much energy we walk about 3 miles a day it hasn’t slowed him down a bit! I’m just getting concerned that his seizures went from every 3-6 months to this frequent! I’m at a loss for what to do is there anything I can do to help? I tried the holistic vet route it wasn’t helpful, I’ve tried speaking to a nutritionist vet she said nothing can be done from a diet standpoint & was very unhelpful that was about $500 wasted! If you can’t tell already I will do anything for this dog I love him to death & he has saved me so if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

Back