Adopted a 6 1/2 year old ACD, having troubles

First off:

1)He's potty trained, doesn't mark, was maybe an inside dog (He knows how to relax on couches easily), doesn't bark, very friendly, neutered, and very loveable.

2)I was thinking that since he's 6 1/2 years old, that he would be more mellow/doesn't need nearly as much exercise, but boy was I wrong.

The troubles I'm having is he seems to never have 'enough' exercise. I'm giving him about 1 1/2- 2 hours of intense fetch, and then another 30 minutes with random walks for bathroom breaks per day. He's exhausted after each session which are usually 45 minutes each, but then 30 minutes later acts like I never took him out. So I feel like I'm giving the exercise that he needs, but he seems to never be satisfied. I'm planning to get him a Kong toy/other dog puzzles, and praying that he will not want to go outside 24/7. My sanity is almost breaking, if anyone has some tips, the would be welcomed.

@imagebeastmarkbeast I'm definitely going to try that. I'm also about to start a job soon, so I'm going to try and get him into a schedule before then. The person I adopted him from said that she only did half of that, and he still was very happy inside with his toys. I most likely just spoiled him, and now he doesn't want to stay inside.

Back