7 month old puppy hates leashes

liveinmyheart

Man, we’ve done so much work with our pup Charlie! She graduated puppy class and has made so much improvement with her obedience!

We work her at the minimum at least three hours a day, including both mental and physical stimulation of course.

However, the one and only issue that we are having with her is that after a while, she fkn hates being on a leash and starts doing this thing wvre grabs the leash, tugs on, pulls, bites, just impossible to continue any activity when she throws her infamous fits, lol. It’s fucking annoying to say the least 🤣

Also, before anyone chimes in we have tried lots of different approaches y’all. We have a 20 foot leash, all types of different harness, etc. great treats, try and redirect her. Works sometimes.

I just think she’s going thru her “I fkn hate this thing and I hate leashes” phase and as she matures hopefully they stop! 😂😂😂

Just wanted to post about it, is all.

@liveinmyheart I've heard people have success by just clipping a short leash on their harness and making them wear them at home for a couple days, just dragging it around to get used to the weight of them and the concept of it being attached to them. Or even outside just letting them wear it and drag it behind them in a fenced yard

@lee102 Oh I run her alright! We have a 20 ft leash. Take her out the park and throw the ball out for her. It’s like a two hour morning sometimes. She definitely runs! That’s a good idea however I can’t do that with her rn because again, she just tugs at the leash and shakes it. So, not only is that annoying but also dangerous for the both of us, lol.

@liveinmyheart My young boy was afraid of everything. He would hit the breaks during walks because he was overwhelmed. Once I start running him alongside an e-scooter, his entire focus became that run. It took a giant school bus to break his concentration the first time.

Most distractions went unnoticed. After several runs, he lost his anxiety.

My leash is about 5 feet.