4 Month Old Pup Can’t Control His Bladder

halltc

My brother’s 4 month old pitbull can’t seem to hold his bladder whenever he’s getting ready to go outside or whenever there’s guest over. You can tell he’s excited but can’t control his bladder even when he’s just been taken out. We live in an high rise Apartment so there’s an elevator involved whenever he’s gets taken outside. From my understanding if he encounters ppl before using the restroom outside he’s just going to pee wherever he stands from excitement. Is there anything to help how this dog controls his bladder? He gets taken out really frequently but it seems like that doesn’t matter whenever new ppl are involved/ around. We’ve tried timing when he has access to water and it still seems to not work.

@halltc Keep doing the Hourly walks and limiting his water it does make a difference even if you're not noticing it. It seems like his main issue is seeing everything as fun and new which means you need to teach him that inside is boring and outside is play time. I have an excitable dog and I recommend watching shows like dog whisper and It's me or the dog, both shows give good advice and can be found on youtube. I'd also make a trip to the vet to make sure he doesn't have anything wrong with him.

Note; Still, have play time inside but make it so outside he can truly let loose while inside is multiple small games like tug of war or roll ball and bring back. Also when outside make sure he is meeting tons of people and he should learn to stay calm also make sure not to over excite as in get him hyper and that goes for the people he is meeting since if everyone he meets is getting him all hyper by how they pet/play with him it won't change much. Small little boring type of pets are best when you first pet him and then go from there. Good luck and stay with it!