4 month old pit/lab/hound mix who loves to chew. ISO puppy teeth safe longer lasting edible chews

kingdomconsul

large breed puppy with already strong jaws but weak dumb still-growing teeth.

He got a hold of a bully stick from a variety pack recently and he LOVED it. I was going to take it from him but for some reason this one seemed to get soft really quickly so i just observed and watched the entire time. I have other bully sticks from a different brand and i gave him ones but quickly took it away because it stayed hard. Anyone know how to find softer bully sticks???

I have a total of four dogs and have dealt with more tooth breaking situations than anyone should. Can't risk it. But this boy loves loves loves to chew. He's got his large puppy nylabones, but he wants a little treat in the evening when the rest of the pack gets their dental chews and I'm okay with this.

Here's what has worked the best for us so far:

-N-bone jumbo puppy teething sticks (don't last long but texture-wise it's a little bit more of a challenge than something like a greenie, especially if i stick it in this ball toy thing he has)

-N-bone teething rings

-frozen medleys in a slow feeder bowl or Kong-like toy

The frozen treats occupy him but frustrate him and don't satisfy his chewing itch. We are just in a tough spot with his age and tooth strength and there doesn't seem to be a lot of products marketed for us.

I've thought about offering tracheas but I'm concerned that it may be too rich for his tummy and maybe there would be gulping issues. Yeah he's also a gulper so that's another factor.

Can't wait to hopefully learn about some new options!