3 dogs, 1 car

consolee

Hi lovelies!!

Mobile formatting so sorry.

Was just hoping to get some advice on travelling in car with dogs.

My mum has 3 dogs - one husky/malinois mix, one malinois and one lab.

She drives around 400miles round trip to visit me and is in need of some accessories etc to make this easier.

The lab travels in a crate in the boot of the car (fully secured so no worries there), as she is extremely car sick and therefore wouldn't be any good in the back

The other two are the troublemakers. They are an extremely bonded pair that was rescued around 2 years ago. Meaning, whenever one is slightly stressed (or just when he feels like it I guess) the malinois tries to 'protect' the husky by sitting on her? This is obviously a problem in the car at the moment as they travel in the back seats with those car buckle leads and the malinois can sometimes wrap his lead around the husky which could strangle/hurt her. They are also both escape artists and constantly unbuckle the seatbelts.

We were looking at the hammock seats but was wondering if there was one with a divider in the middle?

Any recommendations on something that keeps the two rather large dogs slightly apart would be great. When we travel in the camper they are all crated but cannot do this in the car due to space, so the two dogs in question must be in the back seats.

Thanks!

@consolee I have seen hammocks for only one seat so you can use two for the backseats and have a divider. I probably would try to fit three crates in the car for safty.